Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Heart Hearts You

“How do you spell 'love'?" - Piglet
"You don't spell it...you feel it." - Pooh” 

- A.A. Milne

Dear Mommy, Mum, Mother, Mama, Mom;

Happy Mothers Day. I love you. I love you more than words can describe. Not for the big moments, but for all the tiny things that add up. Fixing my water bottle for ballet. Helping me study for countless exams in High School (and probably learning more Chemistry and Physics than you cared to ever know). Driving me to school and dance; everyday. Encouraging my love of reading. and my passion for international politics, television shows, and YouTube. Always being in the audience for my performances. You are so very extraordinary. You amaze me with all you do. You're the best Mum in the world because you've done more for me than that title ever required. You have given me the most precious thing you could offer: your love and time. Thank you, thank you, thank you. (There. I said it three times. Now it's forever.) Without your support, I would not have succeeded academically, nor in ballet nor pursuing my dreams. Knowing that you believe in me is all the encouragement I need. And I can't thank you enough. (Like I said, there are not words for how much I love you.) You are so smart and wise and beautiful. 

"When love is a raging sea, you can hold on to me." - Ocean Wide (The Afters)

Through everything, we will always have each other.  I love you so much. Here's to many more adventures along the PCH, in concerts, at museums, in the depths of libraries, along the streets of history and among pop culture. (I kinda think you're the coolest Mum because you'll watch YouTube videos with me and be a psych-o for Psych with me.) You're the best.

“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.” - A.A. Milne

Love (for Forever and Always),
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment