Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Well Wishes

"When the well is dry, we learn the worth of water." -Benjamin Franklin

Charity:Water is a nonprofit organization that raises funds for clean water projects in developing nations. I donated my 18th birthday to clean water. This means that instead of gifts, I'm asking anyone and everyone to donate whatever they can to my campaign:  my.charitywater.org/well-wishes. Why? Because nearly 800 million people lack access to clean water. Because more people in India have a cell phone than a toilet. Because more people die every year from a lack of sanitation that through war. Because I want every child to have the opportunity to have an education, to better their own world. Because clean water prevents diseases, including HIV/AIDS. Access to clean water has been declared by the United Nations as a fundamental human right in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 25. Please help me by donating just $5 (or whatever you can!) by clicking the link above. Thank you so much for your donation and your time. If you do donate, you can track where the money goes. In about 18 months from August 28, the close of my campaign, the money raised will be put to use in a developing nation around the world. 

Thanks again! 
Love,
Everyday Lunatic 

No comments:

Post a Comment