Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Intersection

"'This is it!' he said. 'This is where we are. Somewhere in the middle. Kind of like being right in the middle of the street.'"-Todd (Robin Jones Gunn Yours Forever)

Forever is the intersection at 32nd and Newport. Green. Yellow. Red. And back again. Daily, cars zoom through and think nothing of it, but today, today I stand in the intersection and gaze at the surroundings. The whipping wind and the swaying palm trees. As I stop traffic for my own pleasure and enjoyment and fulfilment, I am complete. This is me. This is it, I think to myself as I spin slowly and memorize the sights and smells. Gus! I see Gus! What an ironic and amazing miracle of timing in this slowed down frozen moment in life. It's one of a kind. It's organic and inconvenient and that's what makes it real. My heart swells just thinking of what this place and time means. I am giddy and whole and for one moment, I understand the meaning of life. It is the intersection at 32nd and Newport.

No comments:

Post a Comment