Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ninjas, Moustaches, and a little thing called California

"Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering."-Charles Dickens

First, I must apologize for being absent for nearly two weeks. I was on vacation and without a computer; therefore, I couldn't blog, and I missed it dearly.

California is different. They don't have sweet tea. They don't have midnight performances by singing crickets. They do, on the other hand, have amazing weather and they have entire stores dedicated to socks! I love socks. The crazier the better. Mismatched, roses, Hello Kitty, Snow White, stripes, stars- you name it and they have it. It was awesome. I also made many friends while I was there. They come from all over the world-Canada, Mexico, Kazakhstan, England, and the United States. I miss them terribly. But I've missed home, too. I missed all my creative writing buddies-Anna, Mary Margaret, Hannah, and Ms. Monda. I missed my friends and family and, well, just home. All around. Now, I must see about dinner and sneaking off with the Season Three DVD of Psych with deleted scenes and audio commentary of my favorite season! By the way, Sage Brocklebank is totally my favorite even if Dule Hill can tap dance awesomely.

No comments:

Post a Comment