Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Curious Case of Crunchy Carrots

"Not knowing you can't do something is sometimes all it takes to do it."-Ally Carter

Love is a sweatshirt.

In Church, our pastor has been teaching us about "What Christians should wear" and this week he was talking about love. When he mentioned that it's supposed to go over all the others, I thought Love is a sweatshirt. Sweatshirts are so comfy and often they remind me of certain things-vacations, characters, places, people. Remembering is fun, but looking forward to the future and new adventures is exciting. I get butterflies in my tummy every time I think about the future. A small smile forms from my lips, and my eyes glow brighter than ever.

But you've forgotten...

Sometimes, sad things try to weigh you down, but those are the moments when it's most crucial that you throw your hands in the air, release your smile, sing at the top of your lungs, and dance. Sometimes, crying doesn't do the healing. But hugging, smiling, and laughing do.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow.

So no matter what's going on-get moving! You've only got one life to live, and it better be worth it. So please, make every second count and take every chance you get to truly live. You'll be happier for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura,

    I'm a friend of Monda's so that makes us friends too because any friend of Monda's...you know.

    I love your blog. Wait, I thought love was a rose. I kinda think love is chocolate. Or beer. I didn't get that in church.

    Live as if you were to die tomorrow is sage advice. Took me way too long to understand that. Kinda reminds me of the Kris Allen song, Live Like You're Dying.

    Keep writing,

    Mike Teacher Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I guess love can be anything. I'm just particurlarly fond of sweatshirts. espically my navy one. Well, maybe someday we'll be clear on what love really is, but I doubt that'll be anytime soon! -Laura

    ReplyDelete