Friday, July 2, 2010

Scene Again

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."-Kurt Vonnegut

Here we all are, once again. Pretending that everything is the same, protecting everything and nothing at the same time. Look how many fake smiles we can exchange between us. It's a record I'd say. But the one true moment was when I saw you and smiled. When you saw me and hugged me. When we said hello and talked. Like old times. Everything was fine, for one odd moment. Too, soon, we are back to playing the game, for it is just a game. Not a clue who's winning, though. More conversations and smiles, but these are fake. At the end of the day, I feel victorious, but also confused. Was your acting that good, or were you honest and real? I can't really tell. Still, I know that the hug from earlier made me happier than I've been in a long while. It was like a hot shower, a warm blanket and a soft bed, and a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment