Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crayons, Mood Rings, and K Cars

"I just wasted ten seconds of your life."-Relient K (Crayons can melt on us for all I care)

Well, there's this little band from Ohio. They're called Relient K. They sing about school dances, the 80s, college, Nancy Drew, the band Jefferson Airplane, gibberish, horses, their girlfriends' ex-boyfriends, vinyl, Five Iron Frenzy, and even Maybeline make-up. The lead singer is Matt Theissen, the guitarist is Matt Hoopes, John Warne plays bass, Ethan Luck is on drums, and concluding the band is Jon Schneck who plays guitar, bells, and the banjo. Their sense of humor is found in no other band's music. Although many of their songs are humorous, there are some that are rather deep such as "Hope for Every Fallen Man" which starts out with "As you push it up through the soil, I'll shake your filthy hand." Relient K is a unique band and they're worth checking out. Although, it is my sole opinion that their song "Crayons can melt on us for all I care" (which everyone should listen to) is slightly overpriced on itunes, what with it being a dollar and twenty-nine cents (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment