Sunday, June 20, 2010

Your Halo is Slipping

"Well, the guy told me my hair was like a flock of goats, all right? I mean, how can a girl not be dazzled by such poetic brilliance?"

Last night I was doing some reading and it just so happened to involve one of my all-time favorite literary characters, Katie Weldon. And right now, I'd like to introduce her to you. She has bright red hair and jade green eyes and is the type of character you consider your best friend. Her philosiphy is: God is weird and we are tweaked. If Katie thinks that something happened because of God, then she calls it a God-thing. She even has a version for another character, Todd -yeah, it,s a Todd-thing. (Wondering who Todd is? No worries, I can guarantee I'll spend plenty of time talking about him later!) She's hilarious, outgoing, and likes to do things on a whim. Katie even bought popcorn from a garage sale once. Although, now that I think about it, the popcorn caught on fire and ruined the microwave it was in. She doused the fire with strawberry milkshake. Hey, at least it took care of the flames!

No comments:

Post a Comment