Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Do you believe in Magic?

"Silence makes the real conversations between friends. Not the saying, but the never needing to say that counts."-Margaret Lee Runbeck

I believe in silence. I believe that silence is golden. Just to listen to nothing in this world. It's the times at midnight when there's nothing to hear except for the crickets outside that wish could last forever. There is too much talking and rambling for many to appreciate the gift of silence, but I cherish it. I cherish every moment where I can't hear the TV or my brother talking, or my sister arguing, or my parents planning, or even when my iPod isn't playing. Silence speaks just as much, if not louder, than verbal words. So take some time and listen to the silence around you and figure out what it means. Listen to the silent moments between you and your friend and know that they like you without words being spoken. You don't have to impress them, they like you for who you are. Listen to the silence and discover a whole different world than the one you thought you knew. I believe in silence, what do you believe in?

No comments:

Post a Comment